Why Hire a Local Nashville DUI Attorney
When you are arrested for drunk driving, Tennessee DUI laws mandate that your case will be tried in the area where the arrest occurred. This is true both for people who live in Tennessee, and for those who may be visiting when they are arrested for drunk driving. In short, you cannot move your case to a more convenient location. The case must be resolved in the Tennessee County in which you were arrested. However, Tennessee DUI laws are the same throughout the state. Each county does not have different set of rules.
No matter where you are arrested, it is helpful to have a local DUI attorney to represent you. A local lawyer is one who is familiar with local Judges, prosecutors, and the court system. It is not necessary that the lawyer actually have an office on the square near the courthouse. However sometimes, it may be advisable to secure a DUI attorney from outside the district when that district lacks qualified DUI lawyers. There are many reasons to always work with a local TN DUI lawyer, including the following:
- Familiarity with Local Judges - A local lawyer is familiar with the judges in the area and will know who is more likely to be lenient in sentencing. This can help you when making a decision about whether to plea bargain or to defend yourself. However, it is usually an unwise decision to represent yourself in court.
- Familiarity with Local Prosecutors - A local lawyer is familiar with the prosecutors in the area. This can be helpful in negotiating a plea bargain. Your attorney will also have an idea of how the prosecutor normally handles DUI cases, and can be better prepared to represent your interests effectively in court.
- Familiarity with Local Law Enforcement - A local lawyer is familiar with law enforcement in the area. If an officer has a track record of bad breath tests or bad DUI arrests, we’ll know it and we can use that information to help build your case.
- Familiarity with Local Court Rules and Procedure -A local lawyer is familiar with the laws and the rules of court procedure in the area. This familiarity is invaluable as you need to make motions to the court and present your case in accordance with court rules and guidelines.
- Close and Accessible Legal Counsel - A local lawyer can more easily meet with you to handle your defense issues and can go to court whenever it is necessary to make or respond to motions.
These are some of the many reasons why you should hire a TN DUI lawyer if you have been arrested for drunk driving in the Tennessee area. Never choose an attorney solely based on his location to the courthouse. Seek an attorney whose practice is solely concentrated in DUI defense.
DUI lawyer Lee Martin is a top Nashville lawyer who focuses on representing clients accused of drunk driving throughout Tennessee. His practice is devoted to helping those who have been charged with driving while intoxicated. His goal is to help all clients to achieve the very best possible outcome given the facts of their specific case.
I help good people restore their lives
-Lee Martin is a Nashville criminal defense lawyer who has gained national recognition as a DUI and criminal defense attorney. With over a decade of experience, he knows how to get results in DUI cases. If you are seeking an experienced DUI defense attorney, use his experiences to your advantage. If you need help with a pending DUI charge, give him a call at 615-345-1988.
National Trial Lawyers Top 100 in the areas of DUI and criminal defense.